Sunday, July 3, 2011

Getting There

The day isn't completely over, so I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I'm feeling rather proud of how well it went.

Adjusting to life with two kids has been less than easy on me, and that has been with constant support and help from my husband and parents. I have yet to learn how to cope well with irreversible change, and it sends me flying into a huge pit of depression and despair. I wasn't able to escape it with Wes's arrival like I had hoped. Getting through the past three weeks has undoubtedly been a team effort, and because of those efforts I haven't had to care for both boys on my own up until this weekend.

Today I finally feel like we're on the right track. I'm getting to the point where I feel like I can actually handle this whole two children thing. I'm okay with the fact that it's not going to be easy, and I know there's going to be days when I question why I ever thought I was ready for such a crazy adventure. But at least I'm finding the faith that I'm strong enough to do this.

After a good nights sleep (Wes and I fell asleep around 11:30pm and he only woke up at 4am) and a few cups of morning coffee (which I now realize how much I missed) I felt pretty prepared for the day. Between playdoh and some time spent outside, we had a good morning with hardly any meltdowns from Aiden. He ate his lunch, went pee-pee in the potty and had NO accidents in his Thomas undies, and fell asleep for a nap. Simple things that I never thought would excite me so much, but which have made this day quite a success.

I'm happy that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and that we're going the right direction to reach that light. I wouldn't say that I'm 100% comfortable in my new life, but I'm certainly getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment