Monday, January 25, 2010

Forward Progress

I made decisions today! Hallelujah! Our wedding is slowly coming together...

First: the dress.
Tom and I hopped in the car yesterday and took a little road trip to McHenry, IL. It was a quaint little town with every store imaginable - including Kathryn's Bridal, home of the amazing dress from my previous post. (Yes folks, that's right, I found a store that actually had a sample for me to try on. Wahoo!) Tom dropped me off so I could finally meet the dress of my dreams, and let me tell you, it certainly lived up to every expectation that I had of it. I had absolutely no intention of purchasing the gown from that store, but my curiosity did persuade me to inquire about the price. Are you ready for this? $2,200.00 EEK! That's more than the price of our reception! Luckily for me, there are at least eight of my dress being sold online by ex-brides for less than half of that price. In fact, I'm paying less for the dress of my dreams than I would have paid for any other gown that I had considered buying. Score!

Second: the colors.
I decided that attempting to visualize the black and white damask theme in our reception room just wasn't cutting it, so I took matters into my own hands:

The "runner" actually looks more like a black and white cheetah print, but let's just ignore my lack of patience with photoshopping last night.

We decided to forego the damask idea. As much as we both love it, it just doesn't suit the room. So, we sat down and looked at my massive folder of wedding inspiration and came up with this:


Apple-green tablecloths, brown napkins



With tall white and green flower centerpieces



And a tiny hint of pink



So I think the hardest parts of this wedding planning are over with!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the green and brown. It will be so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete